The Edgar haircut features sharp, geometric lines with a disconnected undercut, where the sides are shorter than the top. The cut emphasizes a bold and edgy appearance, creating a distinctive look with a modern, stylish flair. This haircut has gained significant popularity in recent times. Characterized by its distinctive and sharp features, this trendy hairstyle has become a favourite among individuals seeking a bold and edgy look.
How Edgar Haircut Became Famous?
The Edgar haircut originated in Latin American. Named after Edgar Davids, a former Dutch professional footballer known for his distinctive and stylish haircuts, this hairstyle quickly caught the attention of trendsetters around the world. The sharp angles and defined lines of the Edgar haircut contribute to its unique appeal.
Spot An Edgar Haircut
- One of the defining features of the Edgar haircut is its emphasis on sharp, angular lines. Achieving the signature Edgar look heavily relies on sharp lines and angles. When communicating with your barber, emphasize the importance of precision. The hair is often cut to create precise geometric shapes, giving the hairstyle a bold and modern edge. This sharp definition distinguishes the Edgar haircut from more conventional styles, contributing to its bold and modern aesthetic.
- The Edgar often includes a disconnected undercut, where the sides are shaved or significantly shorter than the top. The disconnected undercut is a pivotal element of the Edgar haircut. The contrast between the shorter sides and the longer, textured top creates a dynamic and eye-catching effect.
- While the sides are kept short, the top of the Edgar haircut is often left longer and textured. This allows for versatility in styling, as the longer top can be combed, spiked, or styled in various ways.
As with any trendy hairstyle, the Edgar haircut has also seen adaptations and variations. Some may opt for a more subtle take on the sharp angles, while others may embrace a bolder, more pronounced look. The cut’s adaptability has contributed to its widespread appeal, making it suitable for both casual and more formal settings.
How to Style the Edgar Haircut?
Here’s a step-by-step guide on how to style the Edgar haircut:
- Begin by washing your hair and towel-drying it until it’s slightly damp. This makes it easier to work with and ensures a more even application of styling products.
- Use a high-quality styling product, such as a pomade or wax, to add texture and hold to the hair. Work the product evenly through the top of your hair.
With the help of a comb or your fingers, define the sharp angles of the haircut. This step is crucial for bringing out the distinctive features of the Edgar style.
- The Edgar haircut allows for various styling options. Experiment with combing the longer top in different directions, spiking it up, or creating a textured, tousled look.
- To keep the Edgar haircut looking sharp and well-defined, regular trims are essential. Visit your barber every few weeks to maintain the length and angles of the hairstyle.
Which Face Shape Is Best Suited For Edgar Haircut?
Consideration of your face shape is important when going for an Edgar. The sharp angles should complement and accentuate your facial features.
Edgar’s haircut is versatile and can complement various face shapes. However, it often works particularly well with square or oval face shapes. The sharp angles and defined lines of the haircut can enhance the natural features of these face shapes, creating a harmonious and balanced look.
However, individuals with other face shapes can still rock the Edgar cut by customizing the length and angles to suit their unique facial features. We recommend to consult with a skilled barber to tailor the Edgar haircut to your specific face shape for the best results.
Maintaining the sharpness and precision of an Edgar haircut requires regular attention. Here are some maintenance tips to ensure your hairstyle stays on point:
- Firstly, schedule regular visits to your barber for trims, ensuring that the angles and lines of the Edgar haircut are well-maintained.
- Invest in high-quality styling products to enhance the texture and hold of your hair. This will contribute to the overall polished and stylish appearance of the Edgar.
- Healthy hair is essential for any haircut to look its best. Use nourishing shampoos and conditioners to keep your hair in optimal condition, preventing split ends and promoting shine.
- The Edgar allows for creativity, so try out various looks to find the one that suits your personality and preferences best.
Slaying An Edgar Cut
While the Edgar cut is known for its sharp angles, disconnected undercut, and textured top. There are various ways to personalize and modify this style to suit individual preferences. Here are some popular variations:
Classic Edgar Haircut
- Emphasizes sharp angles and clean lines.
- Distinct disconnected undercut with a textured top.
- A straightforward and bold interpretation of the style.
Textured Crop Edgar
- Focuses on a slightly longer, textured top for added versatility.
- Allows for different styling options, such as a messy or tousled look.
Low Fade Edgar
- Incorporates a gradual fade on the sides, creating a smoother transition from the disconnected undercut to the longer top.
- Elevates the top with more volume, creating a pompadour-like effect.
- Adds a touch of retro sophistication to the modern Edgar style.
Edgar Fringe Cut
- Features a fringe at the front, creating a face-framing effect.
- Combines the edginess of the Edgar cut with a more laid-back fringe.
Curly Edgar Haircut
- Tailors the Edgar cut for individuals with curly or wavy hair.
- Enhances the natural texture while maintaining the sharp lines of the cut.
- Introduces an asymmetrical element, playing with the length on one side for a more avant-garde appearance.
Layered Edgar Haircut
- Adds layers to the top for increased texture and movement.
- Suitable for those who prefer a more dynamic and textured look.